Friday, August 23, 2013

Caprese Salad



Caprese Salad


It's a quick and classical Italian dish, which I make often in a summer after work. I'm  the biggest fan of mozzarella and ricotta cheese and use them a lot in my cooking. I think, it's a good addition to our very Americanized menu. I wish all of you to use such great Italian ingredients in your cooking.
Serves 4


6 large ripe tomatoes ( I used cherry tomatoes)
4 balls mozzarella
Bunch of fresh bazil
Good quality olive oil
Fine sea salt
Freshly groupd black pepper
Good quality balsamic vinegar


Slice tomatoes nice and thing, and do the same with the cheese. Arrange on a large serving dish. Rip the basil leaves (I shopped nicely) and sprinkle them on top of tomatoes and cheese. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad, and season with a bit of salt and black pepper.
I mixed the salad to bring all flavors together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy