Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Baked Curried Chicken With sweet Potato and Mix Vegetables


When I saw this post by Stacey, I couldn't resist of not making it in my own kitchen. I never made any roast or baked curried chicken before, so it's a good  reason to make it. However, I did not have curry powder in hand, so, I used my own garam masala instead. I also decided to use up all left over vegetables from my refrigerator. To really perfumed the curry, I sprinkled a little bit of my favorite methi or fenugreek leaves. The result was scrumptious, fragrant and smoky curried chicken.


Baked Curried Chicken With Mix Vegetables
Inspired by  Stacey's Vegetable and Curried Chicken Pan Roast
Serve 8


4 lbs skinless, boneless Chicken thigh
1 cup Greek style yogurt
2 tbs garam masala
1 tbs grated ginger
1/2 tbs minced garlic
1 tsp (more or less) chili pepper or cayenne pepper
2  tbs smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb sweet potato, cut into large chunks
2 large red onion, sliced thickly
3 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
3 zucchini, sliced thickly
5 small Roma tomatoes, cut in half
3 tbs canola oil
1 tbs methi (fenugreek) leaves, optional


salt and pepper to taste


In a large bowl, mix yogurt, garam masala, 3/4 tbs ginger, 1/4 tbs minced garlic, chili pepper or cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add the chicken thigh, mix well to coat them. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, refrigerate at least an hour or for better flavor, overnight.


Preheat oven to 425F.


Place all of the vegetables in a large bowl, add the remaining 1/4 tbs ginger, and 1/4 tbs minced garlic, drizzle with  2 tablespoons canola oil, season with salt and pepper, mix well. Transfer into a roasting pan,  or ceramic baking dish, but leave out the tomatoes. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables, tuck in the tomatoes here and there, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with methi leaves if using, then drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Baked for 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughly. Serve with steam Basmati rice. Delicious!


Thank's for the inspiring recipe Stacey :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy