Saturday, September 28, 2013

Corn and Pepper Orzo


I'm always on the lookout for new side dishes, so, I was thrilled when this one came on my radar. The recipe was developed by Angela Hanks and she created a wonderfully flavorful side dish that's low in fat and sodium. That's not easy to do. I love the flavor the red sweet peppers add to this dish. They also add great color and give this casserole fabulous eye appeal. It's a standout on a buffet table and you won't have to worry about leftovers. I really enjoy this dish and I make it regularly for the Silver Fox. It's fast and easy to prepare and I always have the ingredients I need to make it on hand. I hope you'll give this dish a try. I suspect you'll like it, too. Here's the recipe.


Corn and Pepper Orzo...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite courtesy of Angela Hanks


Ingredients:


3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta


1 large sweet red pepper, chopped


1 medium onion, chopped


1 tablespoon olive oil


2 cups frozen corn, thawed


2 teaspoons Italian seasoning


1/8 teaspoon salt


1/8 teaspoon pepper



Directions:


1) Cook pasta according to package directions.


2) Meanwhile, spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add red pepper, onions and oil to pan. Saute for about 2 minutes to soften. Add corn, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Drain pasta and stir into vegetables. Heat through. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.



One Year Ago Today: Chocolate Zucchini Cake



Two Tears Ago Today: Barmbrack - Irish Halloween Bread


You might also enjoy these recipes:


Grilled Corn Salsa - My New Roots


Fresh Corn Pancakes - Closet Cooking


Cornbread Pudding - Hungry Harps


Corn and Potato Chowder - My Kitchen Snippets


Sweet Corn and Potato Saute - Christine's Pantry



No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy