Saturday, September 28, 2013

Zucchini Muffins



If you are into muffins, I have a treat for you. These muffins come from The Shipyard Galley, a restaurant, on Buzzard's Bay in Massachusetts. I have no adventure or quaint characters to share with you today. As a matter of fact, I've never set foot on Buzzard's Bay, much less eaten at The Shipyard Galley, but thanks to the folks at King Arthur Flour I do have the recipe for their wonderful zucchini muffins. This was a case of love at first bite and I must tell you I'm hooked. Whenever I make these, I have to fight the urge to use large muffin pans and only the calorie count prevents me from doing so. A standard muffin checks in at 335 calories, doubling that means more time on a treadmill than I'm willing to spend. More's the pity! If you try these, I suspect you'll share my addiction. Here's the recipe.


Zucchini Muffins...from the kitchen of One perfect Bite, inspired by The Shipyard Galley an King Arthur Flour


Ingredients:


1 cup granulated sugar


1/2 cup vegetable oil


2 large eggs


1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


1/2 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 teaspoon baking soda


1/2 teaspoon salt


1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1 cup grated zucchini


1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts


1/2 cup raisins or currants


Directions:


1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line one 12-cup muffin tin with papers, or grease each cup.


2) Beat sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla till smooth and somewhat lightened in color, about 1 minute at high speed.


3) Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, beating to combine.


4) Add flour, beating just till smooth.


5) Add the zucchini, nuts, and raisins or currants.


6) Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.


7) Bake muffins for 25 to 27 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven, and after a minute or so gently tilt them in pans, so their bottoms don't become soggy. As soon as muffins can be handled, transfer them to a rack to cool. Yield: 12 muffins.


You might also enjoy these recipes:


Zucchini Blueberry Bread - Mrs. Regueiro's Kitchen


Zucchini Carrot Muffins - Real Mom Kitchen


Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread - All Day I Dream About Food


Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins with Greek Yogurt - Andrea Meyers


Zucchini and Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies - Sweet and Savory Tooth


Lemon Zucchini Cookies - Mindika Moments



No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy